Under the management of the Executive Director and of the Jordan Centre Manager, the Chief Librarian will:
- Handle the General management of the library
- Manage and organize the keeping of collections
- Implement a new library software
- Select and order new resources in cooperation with the different persons concerned
Define the cultural program at AFHK Library + participate in the coordination and the organization of the cultural activities and events
organized for our members and students (including animations, art exhibitions, film screenings, conferences, workshops…)
- Develop co-operation projects with other educational institutions and participate/cooperate with community events
- Eventually animate talks and conferences at the Library
Welcome the AFHK members and the general audience (provide information on our services, instruction of using the library, instruction of
- Assist the users of the library to find books, you will advise and guide them to find the books they are looking for.
- Organize the display and decoration of the library
- Organize marketing actions / automations with Library prospects and users.
- Update of Library sections on the website, and proposals for this latter.
- Manage a Librarian assistant
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and in other digital systems (Google apps, Photoshop, Illustrator, CRM, etc)
- High proficiency in written and spoken English, native french-speaker
- Knowledge of audio-video facilities would be an advantage
- A good team player with strong communication & presentation skills
- Well organized, details-minded and independent
- Shift duties may be required on irregular hours, Sundays and Statutory holidays for events
- 11,000 items
- 4,000 users
- 9,500 loans per year
- 60 animations per year
We offer 5-day work (total working hours are 40 per week), annual leave, medical insurance, mandatory provident fund. The appointment will
be made on a fixed-term contract with the possibility of renewal. Interested parties please send your full resume stating current &
expected salary and date of availability.